You-Cars Ltd. Safety Plan at Covid-19 - Level 2.
This plan is based around the following criteria:
Workplaces can only open if:
- Workers cannot work from home, and
- Workplaces are operating safely, and
- Customers are not allowed on premises, and
- Businesses can trade without physical contact with customers (e.g. through phone/online orders, delivery, pick-up and drive-through).
In order for You-Cars Ltd. to comply with the above the following actions have been implemented:
- The Car Yard and Workshop require the owner (Quinton Miller) to be on-site to operate the business. There are no other employees at You-Cars Ltd.
- The criteria for “Operating Safety” are outlined below – Covid-19 signs (as issued by MTA) are prominently displayed
- Customer requirements are received through phone calls, emails and social media. The Customer is allowed to view the vehicle in the open air. When a customer requests to Test Drive a vehicle, the procedure below outlines the process
- There is no physical contact. At all times Quinton Miller will be at least 2 meters social distancing from a customer. The office has been set up so that the customer is at least 2 metres away from Quinton Miller
Initial contact and ongoing discussions
- Customers will either contact Quinton Miller through phone calls, emails , social media or arriving onto the Car Yard
- When arriving onto the Car Yard the customer will be required to give their name and contact phone number. This will be recorded in the Visitor’s logbook by Quinton Miller.
- The Customer will be issued and required to wear with a pair of disposable gloves (from the stand provided) so that they can open the vehicle door for vehicle inspection (the 2 metre social distancing between the customer and Quinton Miller is enforced)
- The Customer is restricted to view the vehicles in the open air Car Yard.
- All written communication will be via email
- At all time the 2 metre + social distancing will be observed
Operating Safely requirements for Quinton Miller
- Regularly disinfect surfaces
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly and regularly
- Don’t touch your face
- Stay home if you are sick
- Get tested for COVID-19 if you have flu like symptoms – call your GP or Healthline
- Continue to seek primary medical care.
Procedure to Test Drive a vehicle
- The customer supplies the required personal information to Quinton Miller
- A time to Test Drive the vehicle is agreed
- All operating surfaces of the vehicle are disinfected by Quinton Miller wearing disposable gloves – from the furthest part to the driver’s door
- The following items are cleaned:
- Steering wheel
- Seat adjusters
- Gear shifter
- Rear vision mirror
- Cup holders
- Handles, etc
- A disposable seat protector is placed onto the seat
- Quinton Miller enters the vehicle and drives it to the exit of You-Cars Ltd. – the car will be left running and the driver’s door left open
- The disposable gloves are discarded into the waste bin
- After the Test Drive, the customer leaves the vehicle running in front of the office and, leaving the driver’s door open, steps away at least 2 metres
- Quinton Miller (wearing disposable gloves) disinfects all the operating surfaces (see above) and returns the vehicle to the compound
- Disposable gloves are discarded into the waste bin
- If the Customer wants to purchase, we have Eftpos, bank transfer available for payment
- All paperwork will be signed wearing disposable gloves
Director (You-Cars Ltd.)